Accessibility toolkit for digital learning materials
The accessibility toolkit for digital learning materaisl is a set of step-by-step guides designed for beginners to help make their documents and digital content more accessible. The focus of these guides is making learning materials more accessible by following accessibility standards and using software programs on a variety of operating systems.
This toolkit will be updated as new solutions are released and current solutions change. Please check back to view updated guides. If you would like to provide feedback or request additional formats and software programs, please contact us.
Each resource is available as an Accessible Word, Accessible PDF download.
The features and steps described in the guides may vary depending on your version of the software and operating system.
The formats covered by this toolkit are:
- How to make accessible Word documents with Microsoft WordPDF, Word - Updated Sep, 15, 2021
- How to make accessible Presentations with Microsoft PowerpointPDF, Word - Updated Sep, 15, 2021
- How to make accessible PDFs with Adobe Acrobat PRO and Microsoft WordPDF, Word - Updated Sep, 15, 2021
- How to make accessible ePubs with Microsoft Word and Daisy WordToEPUBPDF, Word - Updated Sep, 15, 2021
- How to make accessible Videos with YouTubePDF, Word - Updated Sep, 15, 2021
Additional Resources from UNICEF
You can find additional resources on publishing ePubs on the accessible digital textbooks website.
- Accessible ePub guide
- How to create an accessible ePub
- ePub authoring tools and readers
- ePub accessibility links, guides and templates